Forum
heatherpeck

Laptop suggestions.....

Hey guys! 

Does anyone have any laptop suggestions? Will be used mainly for matchbetting purposes & the odd typing up docs/spreadsheets. I’m not v technical minded so something simple to navigate 🙈 I’m still working through the sign ups but my phone & old laptop are not cutting it!! Thanks 🙂

How much are you looking to spend ? 

I had the lenovo thinkpad i5 recommended to me. You can get a refurbished one on amazon from lenovo from £300-£350. Also use topcashback on amazon atm to get a little back 

3 hours ago, Cman said:

How much are you looking to spend ? 

I had the lenovo thinkpad i5 recommended to me. You can get a refurbished one on amazon from lenovo from £300-£350. Also use topcashback on amazon atm to get a little back 

Second the lenovo thinkpad. Super solid build and really easy for even the most computer illiterate person to upgrade if need be. Picked mine up for £175 on eBay refurbished with an i5 and 8gb of ram, installed my own ssd but I'm sure you could spend a little more to make sure it had all the features you wanted without you having to do any work! 

If possible I'd try and find one that has an ethernet port. I think internet connection is the biggest factor, and sometimes WiFi can be weaker and slower than wired connection. Obviously laptops are good for portability, but ethernet is much more stable. (Obviously depending on your broadband provider, but something to think about!)