Jump to content
Forum
Chris Harvey

Question? Ask anything you want here!!

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I'm new to matched betting, I have signed up for a free account on oddsmonkey and plan to become a full member soon.  I have used the oddsmatcher tool to find the best event to minimise your qualifying loss. My question is,  are there any similar tools which tell you the current best popular events that will bring you the most profit out of the free bet? - so basically the opposite of the qualifying loss bet...  

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi team,

Sorry but I am getting confused much like you said in your video Tom about not knowing odds and such, when i go to some off the bookies the odds layout is totalll different to odds monkey??

Any easy tis would be greatly appreciated and happy new. this is the first week of trying to do this.

 

Cheers

 

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, perfot said:

Hi,

I'm new to matched betting, I have signed up for a free account on oddsmonkey and plan to become a full member soon.  I have used the oddsmatcher tool to find the best event to minimise your qualifying loss. My question is,  are there any similar tools which tell you the current best popular events that will bring you the most profit out of the free bet? - so basically the opposite of the qualifying loss bet...  

Thanks

The oddsmatcher also does this 🙂 If you open it up there will be the "rating" column, which shows the loss (or profit) on a trigger bet. To the right of this there is a "SNR %" column - this shows the profit from a free bet.

So if it were to show say, 70%, then you'd be getting 70% of your free bet.

Please see the image below. And if it isn't showing that column, simply click settings on the top right of the oddsmatcher, and Show [Stake Not Returned %] column

Hope this helps 🙂

 

snr column.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, zooming123 said:

Hi team,

Sorry but I am getting confused much like you said in your video Tom about not knowing odds and such, when i go to some off the bookies the odds layout is totalll different to odds monkey??

Any easy tis would be greatly appreciated and happy new. this is the first week of trying to do this.

 

Cheers

 

Paul

Hey Paul

Do you mean that the bookies are showing as things like 11/5 or 2/1, instead of 3.2 or 3.0?

If so, it's a simple fix. We only use decimal odds with matched betting, as that's what's used on the Betfair exchange. Most sites will have something in their account section where you can simply change this. Some will have it at the top or bottom of the page too. If you give me a shout which sites you're struggling with I can help find it for ya!

If that's not the problem then please do reply 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tom happy new year and thanks for the speedy reply, the site I can't seem to find where to change it to decimal BetFred

 

Cheers

 

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zooming123 said:

Hi Tom happy new year and thanks for the speedy reply, the site I can't seem to find where to change it to decimal BetFred

 

Cheers

 

Paul

Hi Paul, Happy new year to you too! 🙂 

You can change to decimal on Betfred by going halfway down the main page on the left menu. I've circled it below for you. Please note: When betting inplay, the odds will stay as fraction. This is a bug and Betfred have never fixed it unfortunately.

 

betfred decimal.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I have been introduced to match betting by a friend; I am currently doing my homework and am planning on starting the £100 plan this weekend. I do have a question though, I am looking at hopefully making £500 a month doing this, how much of a bank roll would I need to have at all times to be able to achieve this? Basically, how long do I need to wait before I can withdraw any profits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TryTryAgain said:

Hi guys, I have been introduced to match betting by a friend; I am currently doing my homework and am planning on starting the £100 plan this weekend. I do have a question though, I am looking at hopefully making £500 a month doing this, how much of a bank roll would I need to have at all times to be able to achieve this? Basically, how long do I need to wait before I can withdraw any profits?

Hello and great to have you here! 🙂

To be making £500 a month, you'd probably need about £500. Getting your first £500 should probably take around 3 to 4 weeks if you're starting with £100. So I'd say don't withdraw anything for the first month. Once you've done a few weeks then you'll be able to measure yourself how quickly you're getting through things so have a better judgement of when you can take money out etc 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tom! I made £43 this weekend, not a bad start! 888sport are offering a 'win on a 4/1 bet and get a £5 free bet' daily offer. To maximise on this would I use the risk free equal profit calculator? I am still slightly confused by the free bet aware and free bet retention entries. The free bet is 5 and the bet retention is as high as I can afford the liability, is that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TryTryAgain said:

Thanks Tom! I made £43 this weekend, not a bad start! 888sport are offering a 'win on a 4/1 bet and get a £5 free bet' daily offer. To maximise on this would I use the risk free equal profit calculator? I am still slightly confused by the free bet aware and free bet retention entries. The free bet is 5 and the bet retention is as high as I can afford the liability, is that right?

Hey again!

Great Start! 🙂

To lock in profit you would use the "Win Bonus Calculator" on Oddsmonkey.

Here are instructions from the toms lunchtime profits post - let me know if you need any more help with it 🙂 

888sport are offering you a £5 free bet, when your bet of £10 wins at odds of 5.0+. So you have to win a bet to receive a £5 free bet. This can be repeated daily.

You could simply just bet £10 and hope it wins, and keep doing that, however locking in profit is so much better as you can keep doing it until you hit a winner!

*Find a close match between 888 and the exchange at odds 5.0+
*Open up the win bonus calculator here
*Fill out as follows
The bookmaker is offering extra winnings as a free bet
The stakes are limited to £10and the bonus is capped at
The boost is a fixed valueof £5
I expect to retain 80% of the free bet
The back odds are
The lays odds and commission

*Now place your £10 back bet and lay the amount it says
*If your bet wins, you'll lose a little money but receive a £5 free bet
*If your bet loses, you've profited instantly AND can do it again, as it's the first bet that wins that triggers the offer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tom,

 

do you still offer 1-2-1’s im trying to get my head around extra places matcher and ew matcher, watched the vids read the guides and dint feel ive grasped the concept. Thanks 

 

alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tom,

 

do you still offer 1-2-1’s im trying to get my head around extra places matcher and ew matcher, watched the vids read the guides and dint feel ive grasped the concept. Thanks 

 

alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grinner said:

Hi Tom,

 

do you still offer 1-2-1’s im trying to get my head around extra places matcher and ew matcher, watched the vids read the guides and dint feel ive grasped the concept. Thanks 

 

alex

Hey Alex,

We do indeed however for things such as extra places / ew matcher I'd recommend going into your Oddsmonkey account and booking a 1 to 1 through them as it's their product and they have a dedicated team to help you with it 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a newbie to MB and have completed by first successful bets with Coral.  I have moved onto WilliamHill and now placed all the bets I need to.  My first place bet has come in (I have gone for horses with William Hill) and it won at the bookies at odds of 1.57.  Although I don't think I clicked anything in the basket William Hill has said in my account that I have received a 'Best odds Guaranteed'  bonus as the odds at the start of the race was 1.61. It nets me an extra 0.44p with the bookie, and as a result my back and lay bet was now the same.  I assume I just adjust the bet bet odds in the Profit Spreadsheet and say thank you to the Bookie?  I think this is a good thing and I am not over thinking this, but would welcome some reassurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, Newbie alert !!! Just wondered how much do you expect to win/profit from a £10.00 free bet ?

Edited by Ma Lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ma Lady said:

Hi there, Newbie alert !!! Just wondered how much do you expect to win/profit from a £10.00 free bet ?

80% is where you want to be aiming. If using odds monkey use the SNR (stake not returned) column 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AndyB said:

So a newbie to MB and have completed by first successful bets with Coral.  I have moved onto WilliamHill and now placed all the bets I need to.  My first place bet has come in (I have gone for horses with William Hill) and it won at the bookies at odds of 1.57.  Although I don't think I clicked anything in the basket William Hill has said in my account that I have received a 'Best odds Guaranteed'  bonus as the odds at the start of the race was 1.61. It nets me an extra 0.44p with the bookie, and as a result my back and lay bet was now the same.  I assume I just adjust the bet bet odds in the Profit Spreadsheet and say thank you to the Bookie?  I think this is a good thing and I am not over thinking this, but would welcome some reassurance.

Yep just take it as a bonus! best odds or best price guaranteed can make a fair bit of difference to your margins. I tried bog hunting for a bit but wouldnt recommend you use this as a method to make money (hard work and no guarantees)  just take as an extra bonus! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, Tom Portlock said:

Hey again!

Great Start! 🙂

To lock in profit you would use the "Win Bonus Calculator" on Oddsmonkey.

Here are instructions from the toms lunchtime profits post - let me know if you need any more help with it 🙂 

 

Thanks for your help but I've just been gubbed by 888sport! I had only done the welcome offer! Is that very unusual?!

Edited by TryTryAgain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grinner said:

Yep just take it as a bonus! best odds or best price guaranteed can make a fair bit of difference to your margins. I tried bog hunting for a bit but wouldnt recommend you use this as a method to make money (hard work and no guarantees)  just take as an extra bonus! 

Thanks Grinner.  Just to add to my comment above... You only change the profit cell of the spreadsheet.  Changing the odds cell will affect the odds on the lay bet line.  Thanks and profit taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, 

I'm brand new to matched betting and am working my way through the Welcome Offers List and have had a profitable first 4 days working my way through week 1 and the start of week 2. During this time i've been looking in to odds monkey and reading some of the other sections on the team profit website and blog and can see that the Cheltenham coming up seems to be a big thing with all of the races and offers etc.

So i'm just wondering as a brand new matched better would you recommend I take part in this and continue my welcome offers after? I've watched all of the Cheltenham videos on YouTube so far and read the guide and think I could take part in the offers posted there thanks to the guidance but wonder if I should also sign up to Odds Monkey with the link here and do some of the price boosts etc as they seem really good but possibly something I shouldn't do as I would sign up and do them straight away for some bookies so wondering if the risk of being flagged and gubbed might be higher maybe?

I'd welcome any advice on this and perhaps I should just sit it out until next year as I see matched betting as a nice secondary income for the long term.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 10:12 AM, raul said:

Hi there, 

I'm brand new to matched betting and am working my way through the Welcome Offers List and have had a profitable first 4 days working my way through week 1 and the start of week 2. During this time i've been looking in to odds monkey and reading some of the other sections on the team profit website and blog and can see that the Cheltenham coming up seems to be a big thing with all of the races and offers etc.

So i'm just wondering as a brand new matched better would you recommend I take part in this and continue my welcome offers after? I've watched all of the Cheltenham videos on YouTube so far and read the guide and think I could take part in the offers posted there thanks to the guidance but wonder if I should also sign up to Odds Monkey with the link here and do some of the price boosts etc as they seem really good but possibly something I shouldn't do as I would sign up and do them straight away for some bookies so wondering if the risk of being flagged and gubbed might be higher maybe?

I'd welcome any advice on this and perhaps I should just sit it out until next year as I see matched betting as a nice secondary income for the long term.

Hi Raul, 

Firstly, don't worry too much about gubbing. The rule to live by is take the value while it's there as Cheltenham is disproportionatly valuable. I would say if you are confident that you understand the offers and you have the liability to cover the offers then go for it. Just make sure you know how to do each offer and how much liability you're likely to need. Stuff like the sky bet reload, which is £20 completely risk free, is 100% worth doing even if you do nothing else as you can make easy money from it each day. The rest of the offers have sightly more to think about but read our cheltenham guide and see what you can do. I know how you feel, I started around the world cup and so I figured I would take the reload offers while they were there, but I felt confident I could do them so it's all down to if you feel comfortable. At the very least I would say do the sky offer, perhaps an enhanced sign up offer and perhaps a few other reloads if you feel up to it and have the time and money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and definitely sign up to oddsmonkey (through one of our links, like this one, to help us out 😄 ) because they help so so much saving time and money when matched betting, pays for itself within a couple of offers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×