Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilH

WH Golden Goal lock in

Watford v Wolves

**PRE-MATCH LOCK IN METHOD: £5.30**

1. Back £25 on Watford at 3.0
2. Lay Watford to score first at 2.4 (link below)
3. Profit ~£5.30 for difference in odds

How is this a lock in? Supposing Watford score first and Wolves win the match?

I can only see one outcome and it's not good.

Hi there,

the principle is the same as Bet365 2UP but with ONE GOAL like a 1UP

1- You back a team to win on WIN Market 90 min, you lay the team as usual on same market ( I can not see your link but I think you used a different market as you did an arb, your lay odd should not be lower than back odd as WH odd for Golden Goal is usually lower than market ). At this stage you should have a loss, your trigger loss.

2- Then you wait to see if the team you backed score first. If they don't score first then you end up with trigger loss.

3- if they score first you can use same early payout calculator than 2UP to place a back bet in exchange, this will reduce you liability and make a profit as bookmaker will pay you whichever the match finish in draw or your team loose.

4- the other scenario which can happen happen your team score first, is the match end up in a draw or your team loose, in that case if you did not do step 3 you will win also in exchange, that mean you won on both side.

There is a guide and video about GOLDEN GOAL in team profit https://www.teamprofit.com/william-hill-golden-goal

Thanks, I know all that. What I'm talking about is the lock in method referred to in the OP. Just read it and tell me what happens if Watford score first and Wolves win the match.

I can only answer your question regarding bookmaker "if Watford score first and Wolves win the match" : bookmaker win - it will be always the case as your team score first, it does not matter who win at the end or if draw, bookmaker will pay you up to £50 

Lay market I need a link as I can not see this market in smarkets or betfair. Anyway based on your description "lay to score first ": exchange lose

I'm not asking anything regarding bookmakers. I'm asking how the bold text in the OP, taken from the Team Profit Golden Goal thread on Facebook on Sunday, qualifies as a lock in. To me, a lock in is something you do to guarantee a result. In this case £5.30. Well, on Sunday I followed this advice, except I went with Wolves. So I had backed Wolves to win and layed them to score first. When Watford scored first, I was down £45 at the exchange  but still had the chance of winning £50 at the bookie. At half time I was thinking if Watford go on to win, I've lost at the exchange and the bookie, £80 down. Luckily, I cashed out at the bookie at half time for a loss of £25 rather than the £80 I would have lost seeing as Wolves didn't win the game.

Either I've got something very wrong or that advice is not a lock in, it's a punt.

20 hours ago, NeilH said:

I'm not asking anything regarding bookmakers. I'm asking how the bold text in the OP, taken from the Team Profit Golden Goal thread on Facebook on Sunday, qualifies as a lock in. To me, a lock in is something you do to guarantee a result. In this case £5.30. Well, on Sunday I followed this advice, except I went with Wolves. So I had backed Wolves to win and layed them to score first. When Watford scored first, I was down £45 at the exchange  but still had the chance of winning £50 at the bookie. At half time I was thinking if Watford go on to win, I've lost at the exchange and the bookie, £80 down. Luckily, I cashed out at the bookie at half time for a loss of £25 rather than the £80 I would have lost seeing as Wolves didn't win the game.

Either I've got something very wrong or that advice is not a lock in, it's a punt.

I had backed Wolves to win and layed them to score first.
Watford scored first, I was down £45 at the exchange

I think you mean Wolves scored first, right? If so - you are down £45 yes, but your bet on William Hill is paid out. So no, you haven't lost anything. You shouldn't have cashed out anything as that's now ruined your bet so you are down - you're supposed to leave it. William Hill pay it out after the game as a winner.

:classic_biggrin: Thanks. I knew I had to be wrong, just couldn't see it. 

Thinking back, I'd totally blocked out the fact it was a Golden Goal bet and that Wolves didn't actually need to win the game. I was still of that opinion up until you explained it.

Well, I reckon I've learned a valuable lesson.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, NeilH said:

:classic_biggrin: Thanks. I knew I had to be wrong, just couldn't see it. 

Thinking back, I'd totally blocked out the fact it was a Golden Goal bet and that Wolves didn't actually need to win the game. I was still of that opinion up until you explained it.

Well, I reckon I've learned a valuable lesson.

Cheers.

No worries Neil, it's normally something very simple that is overlooked haha 🙂

It's a super profitable offer that Golden Goal - I prefer to just back & lay as normal, and treat it as a 1up offer. No locks ins, no pre-match messing around. Just enjoy the profits when they come in 😛