Forum
Tom Portlock

Gubbed Thread

Gubbed Thread  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who have you been gubbed by? Please vote!

7 hours ago, Avian946 said:

Forgive my newbie ness but how do you know you’ve been gubbed? Is it just an email saying you no longer get free bets/ offers?

Yes an email with subject "Important Account Information" or something which sound similar... I had only a case where it was a message left in the bookie website... Anyway somtimes you can feel it before receiving the email like for example you try to put a bet of 10 GBP and you can not because it had been restricted to lower value !!

• Thanks 1

Got my first gibbing last night from netbet, deposited £25 for the trigger bet which lost, won my £25 free bet, needed to withdraw the winnings as it wiped out my exchange balance so I placed one mug bet wich lost and withdrew the rest, then revived an email saying they need a picture of id/utility bill/debit card/ me holding utility bill so signed in to upload the documents and was greeted with a pop up saying basically saying I was restricted from further promotions, however it did say that my account would be consistently reviewed and I may get in restricted 

1 hour ago, Westy said:

Got my first gibbing last night from netbet, deposited £25 for the trigger bet which lost, won my £25 free bet, needed to withdraw the winnings as it wiped out my exchange balance so I placed one mug bet wich lost and withdrew the rest, then revived an email saying they need a picture of id/utility bill/debit card/ me holding utility bill so signed in to upload the documents and was greeted with a pop up saying basically saying I was restricted from further promotions, however it did say that my account would be consistently reviewed and I may get in restricted 

Ah that's a bummer! Netbet seem to be upping their game recently and have caught a few people 😞 They're only really good for price boosts anyway!

Hello all, as a newbie I find forums such as this to be really beneficial so first and foremost thanks to everyone who has contributed.  I have a question for the more experienced heads among you.  From what I have read, gubbing primarily occurs when you are expected as having too low an expected return value to the bookmakers especially when it comes to the promotional bets they offer.  It seems its hard to impossible to get gubbed by an exchange as they are making money off your tactics so don't care.  Does the same logic not apply to bookmakers?  I.E.  You take a bet 10 get 10 promotion.  Now if your free bet loses (your exchange bet therefore winning) then I follow that up with at least double the value of mug bets so the bookmaker ends up at least twenty in profit.  If I win then I do the same but now four times the amount.  I have made around 8 pounds profit from the free bet so giving them around (4x30p) back isn't a problem.  Would love to hear your views on this guys, thanks.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, Rhys8448 said:

Hello all, as a newbie I find forums such as this to be really beneficial so first and foremost thanks to everyone who has contributed.  I have a question for the more experienced heads among you.  From what I have read, gubbing primarily occurs when you are expected as having too low an expected return value to the bookmakers especially when it comes to the promotional bets they offer.  It seems its hard to impossible to get gubbed by an exchange as they are making money off your tactics so don't care.  Does the same logic not apply to bookmakers?  I.E.  You take a bet 10 get 10 promotion.  Now if your free bet loses (your exchange bet therefore winning) then I follow that up with at least double the value of mug bets so the bookmaker ends up at least twenty in profit.  If I win then I do the same but now four times the amount.  I have made around 8 pounds profit from the free bet so giving them around (4x30p) back isn't a problem.  Would love to hear your views on this guys, thanks.

That truly does help yes Rhys, but in all honesty, a lot of people's "mug bets" are actually still taking a little value, or not giving enough back. You will take close matches with mug bets, and in the long run, will still be taking a lot of value from the bookmaker and so they will still gub, eventually 😞

Ah, okay.  Yes I can see your point there.   I guess the issue is one of pacing, it's incredibly tempting to tear into the promotions as quick as possible and reap the rewards before you are gubbed and perhaps that is the best way forward.  I have intentionally at this point forgone offers from certain bookmakers in order to give myself a little more possible longevity. As a rule do you have a certain % or value of mug bets you like to make in relation to the value taken or number free/boosted odds bets for example?   Or am I in danger of turning something simple into something complicated!  🙂   

1 hour ago, Rhys8448 said:

Ah, okay.  Yes I can see your point there.   I guess the issue is one of pacing, it's incredibly tempting to tear into the promotions as quick as possible and reap the rewards before you are gubbed and perhaps that is the best way forward.  I have intentionally at this point forgone offers from certain bookmakers in order to give myself a little more possible longevity. As a rule do you have a certain % or value of mug bets you like to make in relation to the value taken or number free/boosted odds bets for example?   Or am I in danger of turning something simple into something complicated!  🙂   

I dont have any sort of rule no 🙂 Some people do, but i think when it's gonna happen, its gonna happen!

Hi - I was just wondering whether you have heard of anyone who has been gubbed after sometime having these restrictions lifted?

Also contacting customer support has that ever made any difference having restrictions lifted?

Many thanks,

Ray

On 6/10/2019 at 11:34 AM, Murco said:

Hi - I was just wondering whether you have heard of anyone who has been gubbed after sometime having these restrictions lifted?

Also contacting customer support has that ever made any difference having restrictions lifted?

Many thanks,

Ray

I've certainly heard of it Ray but only ever seen proof of it once. My friend was gubbed by william hill and emailed them saying they'd "waved goodbye to a loyal customer" and they replied saying they'd made a mistake ha! Very slim chance though 😞

Afternoon all, my first post (hello!) and my first gubbing........Betway no longer love me. I was a member for less than 24 hours and lost both my bets with them so they actually earned off me. I even followed the advice of accessing them through google but hey ho. Must admit I didn't add any mug bets or anything and wagered the full £30 for free and trigger bets so maybe that set alarm bells off. My bets were on the horses and I even tried to go for the more popular/backed horses but to no avail. Anyway, it is what it is.

Has anyone else suffered such a quick gubbing from Betway?

Onwards and upwards though... lets see how many more follow over the coming days/weeks. 

Cheers

Richard

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rsd said:

Afternoon all, my first post (hello!) and my first gubbing........Betway no longer love me. I was a member for less than 24 hours and lost both my bets with them so they actually earned off me. I even followed the advice of accessing them through google but hey ho. Must admit I didn't add any mug bets or anything and wagered the full £30 for free and trigger bets so maybe that set alarm bells off. My bets were on the horses and I even tried to go for the more popular/backed horses but to no avail. Anyway, it is what it is.

Has anyone else suffered such a quick gubbing from Betway?

Onwards and upwards though... lets see how many more follow over the coming days/weeks. 

Cheers

Richard

Welcome to the forum Richard! 🙂

Oh no that sucks about betway! They get everyone so I wouldn't take it personally. I think the horses may have done it. Also if you bet on low odds for the trigger and high odds for the freebie then that coud be a factor. The truth is...noone really knows!

I have heard of people getting gubbed upon sign up before, strange! 

Anyway let us know if you need anything and enjoy your stay🙂