Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jlister

Confused by Risk free bets

Posted (edited)

Hi

looking at the guides for risk free bets it seems you should also lay bet on those.  However as it is risk free wouldnt  you be better taking your chances with a back bet and then a lay bet on the free bet returned to you if the back bet loses?

i know this is basically gambling so probably breaking the golden rules of matched betting, but you have a chance of winning a couple of hundred pounds risk free vs around £15-20 with a lay bet? And you get your money back unlike a normal back bet.

Edited by Jlister
Edit

On 3/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, Jlister said:

Hi

looking at the guides for risk free bets it seems you should also lay bet on those.  However as it is risk free wouldnt  you be better taking your chances with a back bet and then a lay bet on the free bet returned to you if the back bet loses?

i know this is basically gambling so probably breaking the golden rules of matched betting, but you have a chance of winning a couple of hundred pounds risk free vs around £15-20 with a lay bet? And you get your money back unlike a normal back bet.

I am confused as well but they wont answer me,

I HAVE WATCHED THE VIDEOS AND FOLLOWED THE GUIDES TO THE LETTER.

My first bets have completed today....Coral bet £5.00...lost...Betfair lay bet to counter the coral one £4.98....Won £4.98.

So....in total my efforts have simply lost me £5.00....I can do that in Costa by actually enjoying myself.

I might as well just bet on coral and hope it wins.....there is no point as the lay bet is countering my loss.

1 hour ago, gavmoulds said:

I am confused as well but they wont answer me,

I HAVE WATCHED THE VIDEOS AND FOLLOWED THE GUIDES TO THE LETTER.

My first bets have completed today....Coral bet £5.00...lost...Betfair lay bet to counter the coral one £4.98....Won £4.98.

So....in total my efforts have simply lost me £5.00....I can do that in Costa by actually enjoying myself.

I might as well just bet on coral and hope it wins.....there is no point as the lay bet is countering my loss.

I have answered your question on the other part of the forum Gav. Thanks.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, Jlister said:

Hi

Hi Jlister 🙂 It's up to you whether you want to gamble. Doing it this way in the long run would give you same amount of profit over time but the consistency of the profit would very hugely so you could go many bets without any profit. By backing and laying you lock in profit risk free consistently and that's what the majority of people who use our website do but as I say it's up to you!