Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MakinDollaBills

Online Trading

Hi there,

I created this fairly long post, so please bear with me. 

I saw TeamProfits very interesting post about trading212 (https://www.teamprofit.com/trading-212) and I loved the idea!

I have seen that there are a lot of bonuses on a range of different trading/forex platforms. There might be a way to take advantage of this and create a "new form" of matched betting.

An example would be that I join two trading platforms, I deposit a €100, receive a €100 to trade with on each platform, then I place €200 on Apple’s stock on one site, and then I bet against (or short) Apple’s stock on the other site for €200. This gives me a type of risk-free bet, since it doesn’t matter how well or how bad the Apple Stock goes, I won’t lose anything other than the commission that I pay to buy and sell. Later I sell the Apple stock and get out of my short position on the stock. I might have to make a few more similar trades to unlock the bonus, but eventually, I liquidate everything and take out the money.

I haven’t looked into this very deeply at all, but it still seems like there’s a possibility of money to be made.

The finance industry is a lot more regulated than the betting industry so I’m a little bit more unsure of the legality. Another issue is the tax regulations in every country, and that’s also something that I need to look into.

I would love if the awesome TeamProfit staff could look into how and if we could further benefit from this. 

Let me know what you think.

Hi! 

I can see the logic behind the idea. The only issue I think is that there's not many bonuses offered by trading companies, this trading212 offer is a bit of a flash in the pan to be honest! Generally if a way of making guaranteed profit from a trading offer comes up then we'll hear about it and post it if we can verify that it's legit and people's money will be safe. Otherwise we tend to steer clear as it's not as stable as matched betting! I like the idea though, let me know if you come across anything that looks like it could actually be fruitful!

Cheers

• Like 1

I did trading 212 and got about £15 a few weeks ago!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, Jeremy Law said:

Hi! 

I can see the logic behind the idea. The only issue I think is that there's not many bonuses offered by trading companies, this trading212 offer is a bit of a flash in the pan to be honest! Generally if a way of making guaranteed profit from a trading offer comes up then we'll hear about it and post it if we can verify that it's legit and people's money will be safe. Otherwise we tend to steer clear as it's not as stable as matched betting! I like the idea though, let me know if you come across anything that looks like it could actually be fruitful!

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, much appreciated. I'll have to look into it.

I love TeamProfit! Keep up the great work 🙂

• Like 2