Forum
Chris Harvey

Tip - Welcome offers to avoid

There are a handful of bookmakers to avoid as they have an make it very difficult to withdraw, crazy high wagering and/or stake restrict very quickly!

Very difficult to withdraw:

- Karamba
- BetRegal
- Guts
- Royal Panda

Crazy high wagering:

- JetBull - very high wagering and their terms make it almost impossible to complete this wagering
- Winner - has in effect 16x wagering of your bonus (being 8 x deposit+bonus)
- TonyBet - 10x wagering that needs to be completed in 5 days, some members had issues with stake restrictions too

Restrictions:

- RaceBets restrict some customers within 1-2 bets so you can only bet on the 'starting price' odds of the horse, meaning you won't know the back odds of your horse.

Which bookmakers have you had difficulty with or would recommend fellow members to avoid? Please do add your experiences cheers!

How has Guts made it to this list? I have no issues with them and I use them 1-2 times per week? I had to verify my id 2 weeks ago but just the usual stuff nothing notarised. Are there reports of this?

Edited by Eeyore

I have signed up to Racebets with the matched offer. It was a bit of a struggle but in the end worked out..

- they restricted me to SP even before i placed my qualifying bet; and also gubbed me! Luckily, i was still allowed my welcome bonus. 

- i managed to make a QB by betting a few minutes before the start if the race (they fix the SP a few minutes before race start, but the lay odds jump up and down every second. Luckily, i ended up with an arb(unplanned but as i said, odds seconds from the race start and at the beginning of the race are moving madly)! My planned fairly large QL of about £7 for a £50 back bet was now a tidy £10 Qualifying Profit! But it was a bit of a nightmare and you really need to stay calm and concentrated as things are going very fast. My horse lost, so deposit was now. In the exchange and i had a £50 free bet, so worth it. 

- as they have a 5x wagering requirement, my plan was to play my £50 bonus in one go and lose it all right away to the exchange. As you can guess, the plan went astray when my clear underdog horse (odds 7) decided to win... 

- i now had £300 at the bookie that i had to wager away... Racebet also decided to restrict my stakes (not too bad, around £80 per bet)... Meaning I couldn't wager it all in one go hoping to lose it to the exchange or completing the wagering requirements in one go.

- it then too me 3 bets to get all the wagering requirements done (still doing all the back and lay a minute before a race to get the SP and facing very unstable lay odds) losing most of it to the exchange. 

- all in all, between the qualifying bet profit, and wagering through my bonus, i made about £40 out of Racebets. Not great considering the difficulties to play through it all (gubbed, restricted to SP, lay odds moving like crazy, playing everything under pressure just before a race...) but not bad. 

- One good thing was the speed that Racebet paid at, i withdrew my remaining £100 balance, and it was in my account in less than 2 days, and i never had to send ID docs! 

Overall, definitely not an experience for total newbies or people getting easily flustered, but i am not a very experienced matched better and i made it out alive and £40 wealthier :) 

Anyone signed up with winner? Crazy wagering, but with a 100% match up to £200, it seems worth a shot, trying to lose it all to the exchange? 

I did Guts around April, both qualifying and free bets lost into the exchange Thank God.

Did Karamba about 5 weeks ago, qualifying bet won, free bet lost.

I had no issues withdrawing my money from them. I made sure my documents were uploaded and verified before making the withdrawal. 

Just a thought. Anyone that has not joined Laba360 be careful with your bet(s). They drastically cut the odds on my free bet. On the bet slip everything was fine, the odds were what it said on the market. Clicked 'place bet', bet receipt comes up with the odds reduced from 10.0 down to 8.4. 

Also their site is VERY slow and the odds change like crazy when you select a market and place it in your betslip.

I wouldn't use this lot again. They've never sent me any emails for anything else since opening my account which is a bit of a blessing I guess.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2018 at 11:28 AM, Eeyore said:

How has Guts made it to this list? I have no issues with them and I use them 1-2 times per week? I had to verify my id 2 weeks ago but just the usual stuff nothing notarised. Are there reports of this?

I agree Eyeore. MY withdrawal actually made it to my bank in 24 hours!

On 11/21/2018 at 12:57 PM, Chris Harvey said:

- TonyBet - 10x wagering that needs to be completed in 5 days, some members had issues with stake restrictions too

I completed the Tonybet offer about two weeks ago. Maybe they changed the terms, because it's still 10x wagering, but I had 30 days in which to do it. Not a bad offer, I did it with a £60 deposit, which was relatively stress free. The only slight difficulty is that you can't just stick the whole lot on as one or two bets, it has to be ten separate ones. 

edit- also, there's no advantage to winning into the exchange. You have to complete the wagering. 

Edited by £29.95

On 12/6/2018 at 9:01 AM, £29.95 said:

I completed the Tonybet offer about two weeks ago. Maybe they changed the terms, because it's still 10x wagering, but I had 30 days in which to do it. Not a bad offer, I did it with a £60 deposit, which was relatively stress free. The only slight difficulty is that you can't just stick the whole lot on as one or two bets, it has to be ten separate ones. 

edit- also, there's no advantage to winning into the exchange. You have to complete the wagering. 

You have to complete the Tonybet wagering? 😮 Even if you lose, and re-deposit? That doesn't seem right surely haha

yep, that's the deal! They release the bonus as a prize at the end of wagering, and then you have to wager it 1 time. Unlucky for me, 'cos I kept losing, heheh!

9 minutes ago, £29.95 said:

yep, that's the deal! They release the bonus as a prize at the end of wagering, and then you have to wager it 1 time. Unlucky for me, 'cos I kept losing, heheh!

Ah I get it - that's frustrating haha!

It was extra tricky because I didn't know the international break was coming! Ended up betting a lot of it on darts.

I didn't have any issues with Karamba. 

Betregal withdrew my welcome bonus the minute I registered so I withdrew my £20 deposit.